Effective June 1, 2020
Collection of Information
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you: interact with SecureSky in person, by phone or through mail, register for an account, purchase or use our products, participate in any interactive features of the Sites, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in a survey, promotion or event, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Account Information: When you register for an account on the Sites, you will need to provide us with certain personal information to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you, which may include your name, email address, mailing address, username, password, and phone number.
- Transaction Information: We may collect and store information about the products you purchase from us and your use of those products. We may also collect limited payment information from you, such as payment method and payment card information; however, we do not store full payment card numbers and our third-party payment processor processes all transactions.
- Content You Submit: We may collect the content you submit to the Sites. This includes your posts and comments. Your content may include text, links, images, gifs, and videos.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Sites, the types of information we may automatically collect about you include:
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your usage of, and interaction with the Sites. We may collect and store statistics and other information about the online activities of our users on an aggregated (collective) basis. For example, we may track the number of people who view each page to learn which features are the most popular.
- Log Information: When you access or use the Sites, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type and language, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, links clicked and other information about your activities on the Site.
- Information Collected by Cookies: We and our service providers may use various tracking technologies, including cookies, to collect information about you when you interact with our Sites, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of the Sites are popular, and count visits. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Sites.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
Use of Information
We may use your information for various purposes related to our operations and your use of the Sites. For example, we may use your information to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites and provide you with relevant information and content.
- Provide products or services to you.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites.
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of SecureSky and others.
- Maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, required disclosures and choices and controls that may be available.
- To personalize online and user experiences.
- To perform operational functions in connection with our business, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Sites and identifying usage trends.
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with a better experience.
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf.
- With third party businesses to provide you with information about products and services that may be useful to you.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any business, other change of control transaction or financing.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce any agreement we may have with you.
- Between and among SecureSky and any current or future parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated company.
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Sites may contain links to third-party content, services or products by linking to a third-party’s website. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third-party’s website. SecureSky does not exercise control over third-party websites and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such third-party websites. Please note that if you provide any information to parties who provide services to us or to any other sites you encounter on the Internet (even if these sites reflect our branding), different rules and policies may apply to their use or disclosure of any personal information you disclose to them. We encourage you to check the privacy policies of third-party websites before providing your information to them. The fact that we may link to a third-party website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement from a third party is not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of any affiliation by us with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices.
Third-Party Analytics Services
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Site or on or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
We use reasonable security measures designed to safeguard the personal information under our control from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Despite these measures, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via the Sites by Internet or email cannot be guaranteed. SecureSky encourages you to learn as much as you can about your privacy on the Internet.
Notice to International Users
The Sites are hosted in the United States and are subject to U.S. law, and are intended for users located only in the U.S. If you are accessing the Sites from outside the United States, please be advised that U.S. law may not offer the same privacy protections as the laws of your jurisdiction. By accessing and using the Sites, you consent to the transfer to and processing of your personal information in the U.S.
©2020 SecureSky, Inc. All rights reserved. SafetyNET, SecureSky, AdaptiveDefender and the SecureSky logo are marks of SecureSky, Inc. SecureSky U.S. Patent Nos. 8,347,391; 8,856,324; 9,021,574; 9,350,707; 9,787,713; 9,888,018; 10,015,239. Additional patents pending. Azure and Office 365 are registered trademarks of Microsoft.